Do you believe that access to healthcare is a basic human right? Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity and a chance to support the work of Partners In Health Canada? Are you committed to improving the future of global health?
Partners In Health Canada Spark (PIH Canada Spark) is an independent group of passionate individuals building a movement for global health equity and social justice. PIH Canada Spark believes that all people should have the right to health care and they are dedicated to supporting this goal through public education, fundraising and engagement. As a self-organizing collective of volunteers from across Canada, they constantly strive to support the mission of PIH Canada.
PIH Canada Spark
- Educates by publishing blogs and literary reviews, attending conferences and working to make academic literature accessible to all.
- Fundraises for PIH Canada’s global programs which provide high-quality health care for people living in poverty.
- Engages Canadians to support PIH Canada and join the movement for global health equity and social justice.
Members of PIH Canada Spark—including Students for Partners In Health Canada alumni, graduate students, medical students, and professionals— work to raise awareness of PIH Canada and issues in the global health landscape. The team continually welcomes new members to get involved with any of the three subgroups.
For more information, or if you want to get involved, please contact Dilani Logan, the PIH Canada Spark Coordinator at email@example.com! You can also connect with the team on Medium, Facebook and Twitter.
The Education Group
This team completes literature reviews on relevant aspects of global health, present at conferences, create and disseminate accessible videos to the public, and plan academic events featuring global health speakers. Their current series of projects is focused on maternal health and birthing practices in Haiti.
They also host a monthly blog on the various areas of global health that PIH Canada is involved in.
If you would like to write a guest blog post, or have an idea for a global health related education event or project contact Raquel Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fundraising Group
This team works to expand PIH Canada Spark’s network across Canada. Their goals range from engaging with other not-for-profit groups to hosting online and in-person fundraisers, bringing corporate partners on board to working with Students for PIH Canada university and high school chapters to run nation-wide events. Funds raised are given to PIH Canada.
This group is for you, if you:
- work with an organization that shares PIH Canada’s values and want to partner with PIH Canada Spark for an event or campaign
- are at a high school or university and want to start your own chapter of Students for PIHC
- have a great idea for an online, school campus or peer-to-peer fundraiser
Contact Abby Emdin at email@example.com for more information.
The Digital Engagement Group
The Digital Engagement subgroup, in collaboration with the education and fundraising groups, aims to leverage tools available in the digital landscape to raise awareness of PIH’s work and approach to global health equity. If you are interested in social media, event promotion, and/or storytelling, this is the subgroup for you.
- Highlights and promotes the work of PIH Canada, as well as the Education and Fundraising teams
- Tells and shares stories of the impact of of PIH and like-minded organizations in an attempt to engage a broad range of stakeholders
Contact Jasmine Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.