Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering or working with Partners In Health Canada.
Our team is growing! Please find more information about open positions below.
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports To: National Director
Location: Toronto (hybrid work environment)
Striving to make health a human right for all people, Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, social justice organization that has been operating globally for over 30 years and improves health care for over 8 million people each year. PIH focuses on developing comprehensive models of health care for underserved communities in 11 countries around the world. Knowing that 50% of people across the globe lack access to essential health care, PIH works hand-in-hand with our many partners at community, national, and global levels to prove that transformational, comprehensive global health care delivery is possible. Partners In Health Canada was founded in 2011 and is based in Toronto. Visit www.pihcanada.org.
The Administrative Coordinator is a new position for our close-knit and growing team. We are seeking a highly organized, technologically-savvy and team-oriented individual to support internal processes, and administrative functions within PIH Canada. The successful candidate will work closely with office colleagues to manage information and organizational workflows, ensure PIH Canada is fully integrated into OnePIH shared platform systems, and provide support for meetings and events with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. This is a position with significant opportunity for learning and long-term growth in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
Systems Management (50%)
- Oversee PIH Canada’s SharePoint document management platform, including uploading and maintenance of orientation, planning, policy, work-plan, and performance tracking documents to facilitate information sharing internally and across OnePIH
- Provide coordination and stewardship for PIH Canada Board of Directors and Board committees. Establishment of Board document sharing platform, distribution of meeting materials and meeting minutes, responding to requests, and other Board-related functions
- Lead internal data collection and compilation of key outputs from our Strategic Plan; contribute to design and set-up of Strategic Plan dashboards
- Liaise with colleagues at US-based coordination site to ensure PIH Canada is integrated into, and making full use of available cross-site platforms (eg. PowerBI, Sharepoint)
Administrative Support (50%)
- Support National Director in scheduling, communication, and implementation of key organizational priorities
- Provide logistical support for organizational events and travel, including booking group travel, accommodations, meeting and event spaces, and arranging for catering and set-up.
- Oversee internal calendar of key events, meetings, and commitments (eg. staff surveys, retreats, etc.)
- Attend and support key stakeholder and staff meetings, including agenda preparation, meeting minutes, and follow-up
- Assist with staff recruitment, including job postings and conducting initial application screening
- Serve as PIH Canada’s IT lead; work with US-based coordination site IT department to address technology and computer needs and set-up
- Management of PIH Canada memberships and subscriptions
- Monitor and order office supplies
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of experience in administration and/or support-related functions
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and project management software
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and the flexibility and initiative to adjust on the fly as needs require
- Strong time management, interpersonal, and English written and verbal communication skills
- A natural desire to understand and improve systems and processes
- Professionalism, tact, and confidentiality
- Interest in global health and social justice
- French fluency is an asset
Note: If you do not meet all of the above criteria but still believe you are the perfect fit for this role, and for Partners In Health Canada, we encourage you to apply and let us know why!
Compensation range is $48,000 – $53,000. We offer a flexible and hybrid work schedule, a competitive health and dental benefits package, professional development and learning, and the opportunity to collaborate and grow with a diverse global team deeply committed to equity and social justice. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Administrative Coordinator’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews. Thank you for your understanding.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized and LGBTQ2+ communities, women and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.