Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working with Partners In Health Canada. Please find open positions listed below.
Position Title: Director, Finance and Administration
Reports To: National Director
Location: Toronto, ON
Partners In Health is a global health and social justice organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. In a world too willing to value one human life over another, PIH stands in solidarity with the destitute, the marginalized and the sick. We pursue a moral mission within a medical context: to provide the best health care to those who need it most. PIH works at care delivery sites in Haiti, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mexico, Navajo Nation, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, and Sierra Leone.
- Financial and donor compliance oversight of Global Affairs Canada-funded projects. Perform monthly financial analyses on project expenditures, documenting and monitoring overall performance, analyzing trends, highlighting issues, identifying gaps to ensure sound project management. Troubleshoot financial aspects of project implementation. Oversee PIH Canada staff payroll allocations to GAC-funded projects.
- Oversee PIH Canada financial operations, financial planning and budgeting, and lead the quarterly operations review.
- Communicate with PIH care delivery site financial staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting that is in compliance with funder requirements.
- Work closely with PIH Canada and Boston-based colleagues on financial reports to funders. Manage life-of-project and activity budgets and ensure compliance of program expenditures with approved budgets.
- Provide approval of invoices, POs, and expenses, ensuring consistency, inclusion, and accuracy of costs and that they comply with organizational and funder policies.
- Develop and maintain systems for monitoring program expenditures and budget changes; ensure new grants and budget changes are incorporated into the appropriate PIH program budgets.
- Submit ad-hoc reports as requested by funders, partners or organizational leadership.
- Review and oversight of PIH Canada’s payroll, benefits, and RRSP processes.
- Monitoring of PIH Canada’s internal financial controls and policies; suggest policy updates as needed.
- Supervision of contract bookkeeper.
- Oversee PIH Canada annual audit and charity return filings.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Masters-level degree in public administration, business, finance, economics, accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management of large-scale international development projects. Experience managing Global Affairs Canada grants is a strong asset.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
- Fluency in French will be considered a strong asset.
Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications within a range of $82,000 – $97,000. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with an application deadline of Sept. 9, 2021. We regret we are unable to consider applicants without existing legal authorization to work in Canada.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Director, Finance and Administration’ in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants but regret we will be unable to respond to all submissions. We request that you do not follow up on your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews; thank you for your understanding.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Partners In Health Canada is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team. People with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups and members of other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Partners In Health Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Join the Global Partners In Health Team
For information on job openings with Partners In Health global health care delivery sites, please see the list of global PIH opportunities.