If you’re a Canadian student or educator with a passion for global health equity, you’ve come to the right place. Student engagement is invaluable to the work of Partners In Health Canada. Chapters at schools across Canada are working to raise awareness about PIH and global health equity while fundraising to support PIH clinical programs around the world.
These student leaders are learning about global health and social justice while finding innovative ways to engage their schools and communities in the global right to health movement.
Join a Chapter or Found a New One
Interested in learning more, getting in contact with your local chapter or finding out how you can start a new one? Get in touch with Ian Pinnell firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how you can get involved in the student movement fighting for the right to health for all.
Undergraduates at McGill University established the inaugural SPIHC university chapter in 2012. Since then the network has expanded to schools across the country. Each chapter strives towards three main objectives:
1. Education: To be student leaders in the Canadian fight for global health equity by educating ourselves on global health and social justice
2. Awareness: To engage our campuses and communities by raising awareness about the work of PIH Canada and the movement for the right to health for all
3. Fundraising: To raise funds to support PIH Canada’s work in the field, helping PIH sites provide high-quality care and technical support where it is needed most
The Spark team is an independent group of passionate individuals building a movement for global health equity and social justice. PIH Canada Spark believes that all people should have the right to health care and they are dedicated to supporting this goal through public education, fundraising and engagement. As a self-organizing collective of volunteers from across Canada, they constantly strive to support the mission of PIH Canada.
Members of PIH Canada Spark—including Students for Partners In Health Canada alumni, graduate students, medical students, and professionals— work to raise awareness of PIH Canada and issues in the global health landscape.
For the 2019/2020 year, Spark will be led by a Steering Committee of six volunteers. This team will plan and execute project throughout the year, drawing on general members to take action on the projects they are passionate about.
• Fundraises for PIH Canada’s global programs that provide high-quality health care for people living in poverty.
• Educates by publishing blogs and literary reviews, attending conferences and working to make academic literature accessible to all.
• Engages Canadians to support PIH Canada and join the movement for global health equity and social justice.
• Connects and collaborates with other youth driven organizations in Canada working towards health equity
Reach out to family and friends over our easy-to-use platform to ask for their support. Customize your page and track your fundraising efforts and send personal thank you messages to your supporters.
The critically acclaimed documentary Bending the Arc tells the story of three young idealists – Partners In Health co-founders Ophelia Dahl, Paul Farmer, and Jim Kim - who together with colleagues from around the world, started a global health revolution based on justice, equity and love. The films follows Partners In Health from Haiti in the 1980s to fighting Ebola in West Africa in 2014.
Host a film screening of this incredible documentary with your workplace or community and help
Keep up-to-date with all our latest news, events and campaigns.
Stay informed with what's happening across the charity by becoming a fan of our social profiles.
Together, we're creating a future where health care is a human right.